Monday, March 21, 2011

A Prog Band On Late Night TV?

I was pleasantly surprised to find out that a prog band was featured on a late night talk show in the US. The talk show is The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson, which is one of my favorite talk shows on TV right now. On Monday, March 14th, they had '70s English Prog band, Stackridge, perform on the show. Craig introduced them as a band that his brother called "The New Genesis." This is a band that I'm not too familiar with, but apparently they reformed in 1999. The song they performed on the show was "The Last Plimsoll" from their 1974 album, "The Man In The Bowler Hat (AKA Pinafore Days)." To my ears, this track sounds very inspired by Sgt. Peppers era Beatles, which is a good thing in my book. It is really cool to hear a proggy band on a talk show, so I thought I had to share. Here is the video:



I hope you enjoyed that! I might pick up some Stackridge based on that, they sound really good. Hopefully this will lead to more progressive music on TV!

No comments:

Post a Comment